With more than 3 billion people on the internet, It’s only natural that the present marketing environment is digital. That’s why you need an online marketing strategy to succeed in the current market.
In 2014a, a study conducted by Salesforce discovered that 67% of marketers believed that sales increased their marketing strategy while 64% reported better engagement rates, and 61% saw an increase in ROI.
But only 34 percent of marketing professionals have a formal strategy in their plans. The remaining 66 percent are wandering around in the dark without a clear plan that they can follow to get effective results.
A digital marketing strategy gives you the foundation your business needs to make the most informed decisions regarding strategic planning and implementation. This article will help you start online marketing by establishing a practical framework for your company.
DIGITAL MARKETING STRATEGY STEP 1: DETERMINE YOUR CUSTOMER BASE
If you’re asking yourself: “What is a digital marketing strategy? It would help if you immediately considered your clients.
The fundamental basis of it all is based on a thorough understanding of your client base to create leads and conversions.
The more you can reduce your target audience, the more practical outcomes you’ll get through eliminating uninteresting potential customers.
Your audience’s target is the most critical factor in determining the best way to conduct digital advertising.
In reality, according to a study done by Juniper Research, a targeted method can increase conversion rates by up to 355% with email marketing and potentially improve profits by 781%.
To establish your client base, you need to follow these steps:
- Review the customer profile.
- Assess the current and upcoming customer cycles.
- Be aware of and predict how customers will react and purchase behavior.
- Define customer channel preference.
Choosing the right channel is extremely important to elaborate on this final point. Which are your clients?
Once you have discovered that, Make sure that you have marked those areas. It is the most critical aspect to consider when developing an online advertising campaign.
DIGITAL MARKETING STRATEGY STEP 2: UNDERSTAND CUSTOMER PAIN POINTS
Your digital strategy requires an innovative approach that gives customers something your competition isn’t offering. This is the key to knowing how to implement digital marketing effectively.
To gain a better understanding of your client’s requirements to understand their needs better, walk around in their shoes. You’ll be able to identify their issues and how you can help them solve them.
We refer to them as “pain points.”
In simple terms, the pain points are issues. Each pain point is related to a specific issue your customers face. It is ideal to present the product you offer as the solution to the problem.
If you understand what your customers are struggling with, you’ll be able to market your solution or product to solve their issues, and in the process, your customers will be more responsive to your message.
To better understand the issues your target audience is facing, look up what people are saying about your company and competitors to find the significant problems.
Pay attention to what your customers have to say about your business by asking yourself these questions:
- What’s wrong?
- What is the most important thing my customers require to address the issue?
- When is the issue causing it?
- What can I do to fix the problem?
These essential questions can aid you in creating an effective digital marketing plan that will result in the growth of sales.
DIGITAL MARKETING STRATEGY STEP 3: CRAFT A VALUE PROPOSITION
When it comes down to it, the value proposition of a business can be among the most critical factor in determining how many conversions it can get.
Your company’s value proposition defines the uniqueness of your company. This is the reason why people should pick your business over others. This message informs your audience what they can get from you.
Your Value proposition must be clear and address the issues you can assist your customers to solve.
By offering a unique service to show your customers, you are worthy of their trust, time, and money.
For you to begin an online marketing strategy, it is essential to establish an articulation of your value proposition. This is an excellent example provided by TrackMaven.
Suppose you’re looking for a way to get started with online marketing. In that case, you can use your good reputation and firm values to craft a distinct value proposition that resonates across the entire industry.
Your value proposition should include:
- Answer customer complaints and clearly explain the benefits the product can bring to your customers.
- Be concise and clear. Any shorter length could cause readers to lose interest.
- Ensure your logo is prominently displayed on your website in the upper right-hand corner.
Once you have your value proposition formulated, Then you can:
- Create your own highly focused strategy that will appeal to your customers.
- Establish a solid reputation in your industry by making valuable statements.
- Create online campaigns for your business by using targeted marketing strategies.
- Use influential and well-known personalities from the industry to boost your message.
The basic idea is to utilize the data you collected from customers to develop an example of a digital marketing strategy. This is the first stage in creating the framework for your digital marketing strategy.
STEP 4: DETERMINE HOW MUCH BUSINESS YOU WANT TO GENERATE
The growth objectives of your strategy will help move your company forward and give you a goal to work towards.
If you know how much revenue you’d like to make, You’ll be able to set realistic goals that will keep you on track.
Aiming to boost the growth you plan to achieve by 70% or more each quarter is recommended.
To do this, identify the amount and frequency of your objectives by:
- Evaluating your current position.
- Set 1-2 goals for the core and 3-5 to support them.
- Selecting a growth strategy that is specific and attainable (you don’t have the luxury of making figures up, ensure that the methods of marketing result in the company you’re projecting).
- The process of determining a method to reach the desired goals.
- Establishing a long-term path to follow for the next growth opportunities.
- Note: Consider the possibility of losing customers in your business model.
When you establish these goals, you can create a digital marketing strategy template to follow. This is a crucial step.
STEP 5: ALIGN YOUR INTERNAL GROWTH STRATEGY WITH YOUR LEAD STRATEGY
With your business’s growth plans established, determine the methods to generate leads to reach your goals.
Without the help of a lead generation plan, Your growth will slow.
Based on the goals you’ve set, You can:
- Audit your current marketing funnels.
- Make sure you narrow your focus to include a suitable client base.
- Leverage existing databases.
- Encourage customers to be aware of their requirements.
- Build referrals and return business.
- Offer incentives to entice leads.
- Let customers know what they need.